Sunday 26 October 2014

Zomtober 4 - Total Shambles

I'm going to have admit it. I've struggled with this year's Zomtober.

It's been a combination of having a lot on in terms of work (lots of marking and meetings) and home (redecorating the living room...not that I actually did the work), not really being fired up by Zombies (I'm in a Bat-fad at the moment) and having done a lot last year I don't feel the pressure to do lots more.

However, I signed up, and I will damn well complete the month!

So here's my offering:

This picture is terrible. It isn't that bad on my phone. Does anybody know why it's gone all blurry when I uploaded it?

This is a plastic Studio Miniatures Z-Clipz zombie. It's not the most exciting figure in the world - a flaw that's exacerbated by the lack of variety in Studio's plastic zombies - but it's a damn sight better than the molten lumps that are the Wargames Factory male zombies I did last year. Also, the head holds more detail than I initially gave it credit for.

To suit the mundanity of the model, I've painted him simply as an office drone. For the other Studio zombies I've got (about half a dozen), I'm going to have to be creative with painting and maybe converting to make them a bit more interesting.

Anyway, I think that's it for Zomtober this year. It's been good to clear some stuff that has been gathering dust, and I now have a proper batch of survivors, so some actual games could be on the cards...

5 comments:

  1. Well done on staying the course, even if your attentions have been elsewhere.

    A fine addition to the shambling ranks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job done Sir, kudos for hitting all the targets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done on completing the month,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for sticking it out. Another addition to the horde.

    ReplyDelete